2 years 

I can't believe how much time out I'll be taking for training this week right up to next. The entire sales force had to take a two days mandatory sales training, which made my manager and I grumble quietly between the both of us.

EyeBeeAm has one of the most vigorous and thorough sales training in the world, so both of us were turning our noses up slightly towards this training.

I've never been a great student to start with and I am not a morning person. So you can imagine I was the most disgruntled student of all the first half of today (I usually am consistently the most disgruntled student in general).

After lunch I warmed up a little bit and it helped that the trainers also warmed up themselves and got us to do more interesting stuff, ie did a bit of competitive games. Apparently, when there's competition, my eyes light up. My team naturally won and admittedly, I do get a bit smug when I win (I'll work on that).

We were meant to form groups with a mix of different departments but my team as usual indifferent and lazy so we kept to one another. I've never liked being clique-ish, but since I was still busy being a disgruntled student I wasn't eagerly responding to instructions. At least the day progressively got more fun because my group started cracking stupid jokes that would set each other off roaring with laughter.

I think things are really starting to settle a lot more. I'm convinced of this for myself - it takes at least 2 years minimum for each major geographical move to start settling. The first year you need to take effort to make new friendships, and then another year to invest into it consistently. Then at the end of the second year and when the third year starts, the investments will then start yielding.