Diamond in the rough 

Some months back, there were a number of people (not just one, but a number!) who prophesied over me what God was doing with my life. And it was that He was refining me, cutting off the rough edges around me to reveal a beautiful diamond.

They also prophesied saying I won't like it, that it will be at times painful, but the end result would make it worth it.

So far, everything has been spot on, and so now I'm just waiting for my beauty to shiiiiiiiinneeee...

Some people think my shock absorbing system must be very high. The amount of criticism I am getting I have to absorb with no hint of snapping, or else they criticise yet the more. But I wonder how many of them can actually take criticism without reacting.

I am not defending myself because I have no ground to defend myself on. But because the Lord has indicated He wants me to trust that He will defend me.

I don't particularly like His way, but you know, I think I'm beginning to enjoy the ride. I feel like my absorbing system is being stretched all the more, and it is actually fun seeing different perspectives. Once I pass the uncomfortable stage of trying to deny or justify my act, there's an odd sense of peace and determination to improve myself.