Boys
After worship practice, I joined a couple from church who took 3 boys between the ages 8 - 13 out for dinner, to give their parents a break.
They immediately called me Aunty (the Asian polite form of addressing an elder). Those who know me longer make their kids call me jie jie (older sister - when addressing someone older but not as old as Aunty). But, I guess I'm now coming to terms with age, so I resigned myself to be called Aunty for the rest of the night.
As the 3 boys chattered (and fought) incessantly throughout the night, it was interesting to observe the different dynamics they have to that of girls. Over the last 5 years I've learnt to adapt to interacting with younger girls like Naomi, Hannah and Ana.
But boys, I never mastered the knack of it. We went back to the couple's apartment where the boys ended up playing Halo 3, which gave me a headache trying to follow the movements. It made me miss Naomi and Hannah, because if they were there we would very likely be sitting on the floor playing with something a lot more sedate, like Monopoly.
But I must say, the boys despite their constant chattering and bickering that made my head buzz were a charming lot, every single one of them. Even when they exclaimed loudly in the car, "Who farted?!? Aunty EW!!!"
-_-
Post a Comment
