Prayer of a 12 year old 

Last week when I was out with a couple from church and the 3 boys of another couple, we had dinner together on the East side of Singapore. We ordered our food and we all settled to chat while we waited for the food.

When the first dish came, the second boy, only 12 years old (very opinionated and strong minded) piped up and said, "Let's pray!"

And he launched into prayer without waiting for the adults. I was very impressed.

He thanked for the food, and then he prayed very simply and directly that the couple that took us out would be given a baby. The couple has been struggling with infertility. I was even more impressed, because this 12 year old kid would remember other people's needs in a simple thanksgiving prayer.

He paused.

And then he opened one eye to look at me.

And then he asked, "Are you married?"

When I said no, he closed his eyes again and very firmly prayed, "Please give Aunty EW a boyfriend! Amen."

Stunned was the word to describe me at that moment.

Don't worry Ma, I can assure you now people of every age is praying for me!