Ipoh TCamps 


2am supper with Pastor P and The Pastor, beside Odeon cinema. Ungodly. Just so darn ungodly. 


I joined the Transformation Camps team (a group of East Malaysians organizing camps for East Malaysian youths to minister to them and to build their faith) for the third time last weekend in Ipoh. It was less dramatic than the last two, but still oh so enjoyable because everyone experienced God.

Following these two pastors is hard on the body though. We slept on average 3 hours a night because of their late night suppers and some practices we had.

Things are moving at the speed of lightning, with so many things learnt, too much to do that I wish I could neatly encapsulate all the thoughts whirling in my head and heart. I envy the East Malaysians. They live and share a time when the memories they are creating together in TCamps is so rich it will last them a lifetime. I envy them for being in the midst of a time of strong spiritual revival.

I am somewhat only an "associate member" to them and I am but a witness to their work. I join them on the camps and I clearly am not part of the team of facilitators comprising mainly of university students. It feels even more awkward when a few of them would nod their head respectfully towards me and greet me as, "Sis."

They would have probably called me Aunty if there was not already a group of older women who take on that status and I'm just slightly younger than them. =/

They have a strong team of worship leaders who I am in perpetual awe of every camp I go to. Charismatic, energetic, in tune with one another and with the pastors and also experienced to watch for cues in the spiritual atmosphere and respond quickly when it comes. What a joy to work with a team like that. Pastor P and The Pastor are so in sync with one another that it feels like they preach as one, and every time they preach, I feel completely absorbed with the message.

Their style of preaching makes me feel like they pound continuously at the door of the hearts of the people. And they keep pounding until they sense in the spiritual realm the door is ajar and when it is, they activate the worship team and intercession team to move in to force the door to fling wide open to God.

And when it does, and the Spirit moves to fill the crevices of the hearts, oh how beautiful the Lord evidently becomes! I can already feel a song of praise and worship bubble from deep within my stomach to declare the beautiful glory of Christ!




Part of the team of facilitators