Shanghai Shanghai 

Yesterday I had dinner with a Singaporean friend who's in Shanghai for training. Halfway during our dinner conversation he pointed out that people who change jobs maintain some elements of familiarity in their next job but I basically:

1. Changed geographical regions
2. Changed job roles (now venturing into operations which is uncharted territory)
3. I not only have to pick up a new language (Mandarin) but TWO (because I'll also be overlooking Korea which ideally should have some knowledge at least)
4. Have to adapt to two new cultures of working
5. Establish new networks

And he said he was impressed I still look very together and composed. I've a few other worries he doesn't know of in my bag too, but yes, I thought it was surprising I am as unfazed as I am as well.

You'll be amazed how much the favour of God can do when you give yourself to it.

The Lord had been gracious to speak to me in advance about it all anyway. Calling me a camel (He did), that carried a huge load of things with no one or thing to unload to. But that I should remember I am not an orphan child who does not have a divine Father to turn to for help. Seriously, camel?

Anyway. Here I am, in Shanghai, loving it by the way.