Women and diets 

You know you better start doing something when you get one too many hints. It all started with this.

And then my mother followed up with that conversation a few weeks later by repeating:


Mom: You know, my colleague lost 4kg in 3 months when she went on low carbo diet.


Ok. And then she persisted one Saturday afternoon when we were having lunch:


Mom: You know, you should be eating all this veggie and meat during mealtimes instead of snacking in between.


Okaaaay... she's reeaally trying to hint something. And then we celebrated some team members' birthdays with cake from Bakerzin (absolutely delish!) and a colleague said:


Colleague: You know, you could with less of that.


-_-"


And what takes the cake is when I went to the gym and the frontdesk guy who usually flirts with me took a look at me and puffed out his cheeks hinting I look chubby to him!!! Ok ok! I get the hint!! Yeessshhh... I'm on diet and frequenting the gym more!!!

Then I wanted to cry when I texted my mom in the gym to tell her not to cook rice for me and she replied:


Mom: Ok. I will only leave you vegetables.


My mom's out of control!!! What, no fish, or meat or anything else?!?! Hehe. Thank God when I came back realised it was just a mild miscommunication. She did save me the other dishes she cooked after all. It woulda been funny to find my mother going bonkers on me.

At least you are doing something abt it! I am vain but at the same time not vain enough to get off my ass and do something abt it! *die liao*

Also, thank your lucky stars that your mom is subtle. I told you mine asked me whether I looked at myself sideways in the mirror. And my dad said I'm the size of a sumo wrestler now. I asked them whether they were trying to make me anorexic. "You ah? You'll never be anorexic lah!" Dunno whether to laugh or cry.

its toughest when its coming from your own parents. there was one time when i overheard my mother telling my father that i'm fat (many years back) when they were in their room, and that bit stung. i always had issues with my weight until i started taking kickboxing classes and then i started feeling and seeing the difference. that was the moment i decided i call the shots what to do with my life.

hehe... of course the only reason why i'm not super model shape is because there's still a portion of me that's too lazy to work thaaaat hard. i just do enough to make sure i'm acceptable to myself.

I think they need to get their eyes checked! You looked good & healthy on the volleyball court!

wow.. jaime... how did u manage to find me?! ;)

Post a Comment