Some times, customer meetings can be fun! 

I was in a customer meeting for a few hours earlier today and sat beside my colleague Shiva. As the customer was explaining about something, he grabbed my ThinkPad and started typing away on the Excel program to ask me some things about the customer.

After which we proceeded to gossip a bit. It tickled me to see how sophisticated we've become these days. Years ago, during schooldays, we would pass to one another written notes on paper torn out from our exercise books. Today, we relay messages to one another through notebooks. Yes, we've definitely evolved to great heights of sophistication today.

Did I say we have evolved? Sorry. Communications has evolved. Me and Shiva are still the same school kids passing notes to one another.




Oh yes, if you'll notice, I typed "DO NOT MAKE ME LAUGH AGAIN" in the printscreen because Shiva was the same dude who made me giggle insanely during a tender clarification meeting with another customer. I'm still horrified about that.

Thank God for being a female and having female charms! At one point, during the meeting, I wanted my customer to change some thing in a document. I prodded him to change it a few times. Each time he gave reasons why he shouldn't. I was a little hesitant to insist too strongly on the changes since he is the customer after all but after a while, I decided a change of tactic was required.

Before we closed the meeting I asked him one more time whether the changes could be made and proceeded to pout a little and widened my eyes just a little. He made the changes.

Another colleague, KC, was standing beside me and he made a remark about how useful feminine charms could be. I think he was the only one who noticed how I changed strategies and I gave him a dirty look for pointing it loudly. After all, such a tactic is most useful when it's deployed subtly. I don't often pull those tactics because I would like to think that I don't have to. But I must admit, it does help to get things done a little faster! Hehe. :P

Labels: