I also dislike houses with backyards are built in close proximity to one another with only a narrow strip of land dividing it. In some cases, drains.
The reason why I've come to dislike small backyards is because of this. This, is my backyard.
Nights like this, when the air is chill and temperature just right to snuggle comfortably under a blanket, I feel completely at peace.
A friend and I were talking last weekend about what we liked to do on Saturdays. He liked it filled with activities while I enjoy my Saturdays quietly lull. When I find my life too crowded with people and activities, my systems go on an overdrive and threaten to crash if I do not clear away all the noise.
The last three years has been manic. Maybe that's why emptying my life to start all over again is appealing to me.
Labels: Musings
Even though my life's not been manic I still need the quiet spots to recharge. Like you, I prefer to keep my weekends free for lazing around and recuperating!
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:38 PM