When I was just a child, I remember always being fascinated playing with calculators. And I would have so much fun tallying up the bills at my dad's boutique. I loved playing with the old typewriters as well, but that needed paper, and I didn't really have much to write about then.
And when I was Standard 3, my class teacher asked all of us what our ambitions were. When it came to my turn, I knew what I was going to say, but I was a little confused about the exact term.
Teacher: So what is your ambition?
10 Year Old Me: *Frowning in consternation* Urh... I want to be se... se... security."
Teacher: Hah?! You want to be a security guard?!?!
10 Year Old Me: Err... no... neh... the punching typewriter wan...
Teacher: Oh! Hehehe... secretary!
10 Year Old Me: Yarh... secretary!
I can't remember if I've blogged about this before. But today, I remember the conversation I once had with an ex-colleague. He asked me why I didn't become a secretary.
My answer was, my parents invested too much in me to allow me just to be a simple secretary. After all, they sent me overseas to UK to gain a degree.
And a conversation I had with Bro O reminded me of that. That no matter how simple a life I may want (or think I may want), sometimes, it's not really up to me to decide. When someone has invested much in your life, and you've built your life on other people's sacrifices, you need to give that back.
Labels: Musings
But then you will nv have your own life....you will always living a life for others...b'cos you have to repay them back.....
Posted by
StephyQ |
9:36 AM
Spot on!
Posted by
ee |
11:55 PM
2COR 5:14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
2COR 5:15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
May this verse help us to understand that we no longer live for ourselves, but for Him who died sacrificially for us and was powerful enough to rise again.
Does that mean our lives are no longer our own? and that it belongs to Someone else? How much has He invested in us? In what ways can we ever repay Him, who created the whole universe and own ALL things? How much do we really appreciate His atoning sacrifice?
May be that's why the verse says, For Christ's love compels us ...
Bro O
Posted by
Global-South |
11:55 AM