One of the most unexpectedly special friendships I've formed is with The Idiot. He can't stand my moodiness, I can't stand his laid back attitude (translate = laziness). And we used to glare at each other when we got on each other's nerves during classes in college.
But surprise surprise, we still gravitated to one another. After Gurjeet, he was my next closest buddy in college.
We went to the same university together as well and I would always drop by his apartment because of him, June and CherChieh. And Azli was the one who always fed me! :P
Knowing the gluttony freeloader I am, he freely fed me and I happily accepted. It was a happy friendship. Just as US announced the attack on Iraq then, he bought extra food to stock up (go figure. War in Iraq, and he thinks there'll be a food crisis in UK) and as I was hanging out in his room, he asked if I was hungry and proudly opened his cupboard door where he stashed his precious food - chocolates, chips and soft drinks.
-_-
We're not the kind of friends who knows everything that happens in each other's lives, nor the kind who knows each other's darkest secrets. But I suppose it's a friendship where there's chemistry. Those are the best kinds ever to me.
We were chatting just now online, and he claimed that I was his best buddy! But that was just before he asked me to buy him some Newcastle United stickers. Then when he found out I was working in London, called me his suga momma. Pssshhhh...
But I'm always happy when I find a "You have to be there for my wedding!" friend. Floats my boat that does!
The Idiot
Post a Comment