Settling more and more 

I met up with Erica, the girl who sat next to me in church last Sunday, for a drink in a pub. Let me clarify what I mean by drink. I had coffee, she had tea. She wanted to go to the pub because they had a very cute fireplace.

Then we went to church where they were having a short series on the topic of men and women roles in the church. There I got to know another lady called Yvonne, and a girl my age, Liz.

I loooooved how comfortable it was to slip right into the church and meeting people I'm connecting heart to heart with. I am so grateful for God listening to my prayers and placing Erica beside me. She's an amazing girl. She draws me out so easily, and is not assumptive nor ignorant of the differences in upbringing and mindsets and so genuinely sincere. She even lives just right down the road where I live, which will make it so much easier to spend time to get to know her.

I'm normally very independent and find solace in quality time alone. But being in a different country with most friends further up north, the aloneness was getting to me just a bit. Never lonely since I have God's company, but alone.

And thank God also for Adlee, a fellow Malaysian. We went out for dinner yesterday to a Malaysian restaurant where I had nasi lemak. It was pretty good too! All those silly pictures of puasa month food made me crave for good ol Malaysian food. I miss the Malay food the most. I loooooove Malay food.

I almost don't want to move closer to where I work now, with having found a church and slowly making more friends through it. But we shall see.