After a week of not being in the happy-bouncy-bounciest of moods, I was a little relieved the weekend came, and gave myself a break from thoughts that were bringing me down.
I woke up on Saturday with the most zealous mood I've had, spent a bit of time in prayer, cleaned up the kitchen, bath, went to church to have some lunch with church members and then headed out on the streets to do a little bit of street evangelism by giving out some tracts to strangers. Not the funnest thing to do, but if we profess to believe in a God that mankind from second death in hell, we should really be going out telling people about Him right?
May not be the most effective way, but until I can come up with a more effective idea, I'll do with whatever ways we can.
Anyway, after that, went back to my flat and napped. When I woke up, got on the Internet and was reminded by YangJerng that elections came and passed and results were trickling in! Malaysiakini and Malaysia Today's server was down, probably from high traffic (because obviously, you want to catch the real independent news), while Jeff Ooi's site was down for a bit as well, but is now up. I think it's awesome he won, because this guy really talks the talk and walks the walk.
But the results were phenomenal, and the exuberance reverberating from different sites is very exciting. I only wish I could have gotten a little more live feed from CNN or BBC on it, but I guess the Iron Lady being sick and hospitalised for a night was more important than the politics of Malaysia and its effect on the economy across SE Asia.
With elation on the results of the election, I headed over to 52, to disturb the tenants there, though not many of them are disturbable lots. Not fun when you can't wind people up -_-
Bugged Paul H to play Phase 10 with Martin and I who joined me in disturbing the peace of 52, and capped a relatively happy day with winning the game! Woooooo Hoooooo! This is the second time I beat him at card games and because he somehow garnered a reputation to be good at card games, me beating him twice in a row meant I'm BETTER!!
What? I'm not thaaat competitive.
AC: You're so competitive it makes me sick.
Me: I am not! I... just... find joy in winning...
AC: Well... we can definitely see that...
This was after I kept throwing my hands in the air declaring, "YES!!!! HAH!!! I WON! I WON! YOU LOST!!!"
And... I might have been gloating for over 15 minutes... and reminded everyone I also beat him at poker... and did a little jig... and asked Martin to declare who beat him...
happy birthday. don't worry, god will work everything out. i pray for clarity, direction, and wisdom for you.
Posted by
z |
8:29 AM
Thank you!
A year older, hopefully another year wiser as well!
Posted by
ee |
7:13 AM