I know, I should have seen this coming, especially when I said I have the biggest garden in the whole neighbourhood.
Biggest garden, biggest gardening job.
For some very odd reason I woke up early on Saturday, wait, not an odd reason, the kids woke up and tore across the corridor like little elephant stampedes. And I lay on my bed for awhile until I decided that I might as well stop wasting time lying there trying to go back to sleep and get the mat out and sleep in the garden as my body slowly catches up being awake.
I walked out of the room, thinking it was probably 10am or something, looked at the clock and went, "7.30AM!!!???!"
Narrowed my eyes a little at the two monkeys who were grinning at me as they played with their toys in the lounge and made myself a hot cup of tea to take out into the garden. I lazed on the grass for an hour before I went back in to have my breakfast.
By the time it was finally 10am, I was wondering what in the world to do with my time. My finger went up to the air and said to myself, "I know! Clean the windows!"
Borrow ladders from the Coach House, jacked up the volume on my iPod and started putting all my energy into cleaning the windows.
"And after that, I'll hoover and polish my room floor!" I thought to myself with full of energy.
Got to the second set of windows, and realised the alley between the room windows and the neighbour's bushes were filled with dead leaves gone unattended for the 3 months the tenancy was passed to the Korean family. It was a mess, so I went to the church garden where 3 church members were cleaning up, borrowed a rake to clear up the leaves.
Realised, the neighbour's bushes was overgrown into our area, so borrowed scissors to trim the bushes.
Then I had to rake the ground around the trimmed bushes again.
When I got around that alley to the back of the house, got poked a few times by some overgrown plants with thorns and got annoyed with it so I started to trim those plants, the grass and the weeds around that area.
Had to rake that area as well.
Halfway tackling the back of the house, sweltering under the summer sun, my window cleaning task abandoned, my gardening job looking like it was going to face abandonment as well, I muttered to myself, "Stupid girl."
I have to be honest, when I first came to UK I thought I was going to balloon up massively in weight like I did when I was a student. But I've found it quite easy this time to round to maintain my weight. Anymore crazily inspired spurts of cleaning like on Saturday, I'll be as slim as Sarah.
Campaign against cleaning
Post a Comment