Malaysian tour 

Since I've been left hanging in limbo for nearly 2 months pending my visa approval, the only option that I have to do is to go have holidays!

I went to Kuantan, Pahang for a week with some friends and for the first 6 days, roughed it out by sleeping in tents. The first night was the roughest as it was a little hard to fall asleep with the natural surround sound system of crashing waves. But the next 5 nights I slept like a babe.





But roughing it out only extended to sleeping arrangements, toilets and showers while for our meals we went to scout out all the best coffee shops Kuantan had to offer. Malaysians has not yet cease to amaze me with their love for food. It seems the #1 business here is the food business.



UncLeo & Eugene




Andy and I



While we were out buying fruits, I spied this little adorable guy at the back of the hut. I guess monkeys are alright if they're babies.



It was one smelly dude as well.



But you know what, I can't understand how some people can just cage wild animals in really small enclosed areas and want to keep them as pets but treat the animals less than dirt and not even care an inch of its welfare. We dropped by a petting zoo in Kuantan as well, and was seething when I saw the blighted state of the animals there - the sun bears, eagle, otter, owls, horses, etc. I only wish I could see those who had put those animals and those responsible for their welfare caged in that kind of small enclosure and see how they like it. Having said that, whenever I see trucks/buses/lorries on the road spewing out black smoke like you could chew on it, I wish I could gather all the black smoke and force the owners of businesses that operate those vehicles to breath and live solely on the produce of their greed and negligence.



The trip was mainly for the guys who are kite surfers. They tried to teach me but I unfortunately had too short an attention span.


Labels: