I need a maid 

When I got back to my flat from Malaysia, my room felt a little empty. I think it was because everything was neatly in its own place. Or maybe because Yvonne cleaned up a little before she left.

She was staying at my place in the last few days of her holiday in UK, which I had all intention of spending with her, but due to grandfather's death and funeral, I pulled my flights forward and had to let her spend her last days in UK alone. She occupied herself with my Internet connection though, which for some reason all the Malaysians who have stayed in my place enjoy the most. -_-

I haven't fully unpacked yet, but since I came back, for some reason, mess seemed to explode everywhere. I don't know how honestly.

After a while, I just decided, cleaning up is not worth the time and effort. So I declared to myself, no more cleaning.

It felt so liberating.

Until after 2 weeks of mess in my room AND in the kitchen AND the living room. I gave up on trying to badger the kids to clean up the living room simply by refusing to step into it.

I cannot bear the kitchen with dishes lying about everywhere, so I wiped every dish clean and tucked it all away one night, and my landlord got the hint that I was back and not ready to give up my kitchen habits.

I'm still working on my room - the inner sanctuary is always the toughest fight.

No matter how hard I try to convince myself I'm not the fussy type, I think deep down, there is an OCDic person lurking about.

Labels: