Blackish Monday 

Yesterday evening I felt a little tinge of unwellness. Tired, slightly dizzy and slightly nauseous so went to sleep quite early. Even though I had close to 10 hours of sleep, I still woke up this morning a little late. Late meaning by 3 minutes.

But the bus was late by 5 minutes. By the time it came, there was a huge crowd at the bus stop. By the time most of the people got on board, it took an additional 1 minute than quieter days.

Then the bus insisted on stopping and letting all other vehicles go first in the narrower lanes. Oh yes, it was raining as well.

When the bus finally inched closer to my stop, I could see my train arriving. Got off the bus to rush to the station and nearly (by nearly, not really all that nearly lah but enough for drama sake) got run over.

That still didn't stop me. I wanted to catch the train, so kept running. Only for another car to splash cold puddle water all over me. Lucky this morning I decided to wear a waterproof jacket rather than using an umbrella. But my jeans was thoroughly wet.

And I still missed my train by 10 seconds and had to wait for another 30 minutes for the next train.

Sigh.

In order to deceive the universe, I told people I have maxed out on bad luck, so the rest of the day must really be super good and let self-prophecy be tricked. It didn't do too bad. I actually ended the day well.

Labels: