How is it that life can be so busy without you really realising it?
Work has been much slower pace since my last job in Malaysia, but still no less busy! Sometimes I am dead bored and feel my will to leave sap through the cracks of slow moving time. But when I start to moan ever so slightly, I am reminded to be thankful to have a job in times like this. Especially a job outside my own home turf. God's blessing has been numerous.
It has also given me the time and energy to pick up other things. I'm again thankful for the Lord to help me sit one afternoon to decide to do different things this year, learning new skills and new hobbies and helped me to actually follow through with it though I was tempted to just forgo it and slip back to my comfortable pattern of last year's life.
I've since met new people, learned new things and have a fresh shot of adrenaline running in me! Nothing like adrenaline.
I only recently realised that I've had to contend with huge learning curves in the last 5 years, with change of jobs, new environments and new people dynamics. And last year, the learning curve slowed a bit and I was not used to it. So now that the learning curves have picked up again, I'm a much happier person!
In between classes, work, church activities (which is certainly much less and balanced!), I'm also learning to squeeze in time to read books (I've already started on my 3rd book for the year!) and even in the small minutes in between work have squeezed in some revising of lessons. I'm having an unexpectedly good start to the year that I'm quite happy.
But as always, my problem is I have poor skills on multi-tasking and relationships is once again not doing all too well. I don't spend as much time with friends anymore, and trying to squeeze in as much alone time as I can (thus more blog posts).
I'm glad that during working hours and being stuck to the computer as I do, it has allowed me to have good chats with friends across the globe, and I think that that has been feeding me with my interaction needs. I can't chat with too many people at one go, usually only person at a time, so I'm actually glad things has worked out that I chat with one of them in the mornings, another person in the afternoons, and sometimes catching some time with another person in the evenings! The three people that have been absolutely essential to my well being for the last one year plus! Without these three, I think I could be half mad by now.
Anyway, life is good! :)
Happiness
Post a Comment