Some weeks back it snowed in the evening, which thanks to a doctor's appointment for a check up, I got home just when it did.
Because road transportation after that went crazy.
The next day (unfortunately the snow wasn't enough to make the road transportation go crazy the next day) in the office, I heard stories of people being trapped on the roads for hours because cars were sliding awry with the ice on the road, and being unable to drive up hills and cars being abandoned. One of my colleagues took 9 hours to get home which usually takes him 45 minutes.
Can you imagine, 9 hours?
Guess KL traffic isn't really that bad after all.
He was saying it was quite surreal, to see cars abandoned in the highway, people walking along the highway, some cars overturned. It was as if the world was coming to an end. But he didn't want to abandon his car since he had to make his way back to get it anyway so he stuck out the 9 hours. But with no food, water, cigarettes running out and he couldn't even call anyone to chat and pass time because it ran out of battery, he was very angry when he got home at 4 in the morning.
So it was quite understandable actually when he spent the entire day in the office today talking about the weather.
He kept updating me every half an hour with the forecast about how it was going to snow heavily tonight or tomorrow.
It snowed a little when I got home from work. And about 10pm it starting snowing heavily. The snow is piling up really high and I am HOPING for the snow to cancel the trains in the morning so I can get a day off!
SO I hope it snoooowwwss heavily as I sleep. As it is the train website seems to suggest there will be disruptions to the trains in the morning.
Let it snow let it snow let it snow
Post a Comment