Sleep 



I was annoyed this morning to find that the trains were working despite the snow and even MORE annoyed when I got to the office to find only a handful of people from my department turned up.

But when it started to snow again at 11.30 I had a bad feeling and phoned my manager to get her ok for me to leave early in case the trains does get disrupted later and strands me in the office. I got home about 2pm and in another 3 hours, the trains did get disrupted.

I didn't sleep too well last night actually; for one because I slept a little late as I was gambling on getting snowed in. Then I couldn't fall asleep because I think I was too excited about getting snowed in and have a day of doing nothing.

But when I finally went to sleep I was woken up a few times throughout the night. The first time was when I heard a noise from what I thought was the direction of Sara's room, which was downstairs. A noise like heavy box being shuffled on the ground.

It stopped and I went back to sleep. Then what seemed like an hour afterwards, I was woken up again by the same noise of a heavy box/furniture being moved, but this time the noise was upstairs, and in the empty flat beside my room, which the owners of the house keep empty for the family when they are visiting London.

And then a SLAM sound of what seemed like the door to the flat just outside my door followed by a small shake on my door because of the strength of the slam.

I didn't bother getting up to check because I really wanted to sleep and I didn't want to get out of my warm bed.

I checked with all my flatmates today whether they were making the noise or if they heard it. None of them got up around what I guessed was around 2-3am or heard anything except one girl who said she might have heard something but was unsure.

Nothing was stolen, so we don't think it was a burglary and I highly doubt it was just a dream because I was sufficiently annoyed in the morning from a disturbed lack of sleep and I dream enough to recognise a dream.

So what was it?

HmmMmmm...

Oh yarh, while I was away in Cornwall where I went with 8 other friends, the day before new year's eve, I nipped to the second cottage we rented to get some mugs and I had a feeling. It was so out of the blue and random that I thought to myself it must not be my imagination.

That same night the room I was sharing with Emma was freeezing while the night before it was so hot I couldn't sleep properly. I went to the toilet to brush my teeth after making sure the windows were shut and remembered looking at the door I left half open before going into the toilet. When I came out, the door was shut. I thought Emma might have come back, but the room was empty and there was no way the door would have shut by itself and there was no draft because the windows were shut tight. 1 minute later Emma came bounding up the stairs and into the room. And she exclaimed that our room was 10 degrees colder than any other rooms in the cottage.

Ahahhhh... have I got your attention yet?!

Emma left the next day so I had the room all to myself on new year's eve. After dinner on new year's eve, I decided to retreat to my room for some contemplation. It was freezing cold again. After a while I was sitting on the floor writing in my journal over the bed when I had that feeling that someone was overlooking my shoulder, reading what I was writing. It's annoying no matter person or spirit to read what's private, so I told it to go away but I think I shooed it away temporarily only.

After a while I had to sit against the heater because the room was freezing so much I started to chatter.

Ahhh... say what you will, whether it's my imagination or anything, I know what I felt. There was something in the room that night and morning. I woke up in the morning and felt something press down on the mattress behind my back. I said a quick good morning and then went back to sleep. See, nothing interferes with me and my sleep.

I think having experienced this extraordinary experiences a few times now it doesn't ruffle me as much anymore except for the occasional malevolent "vibes" I get where fervent prayer and a quick getaway from the location shakes it off.

I just really get annoyed when, you should know this by now, it disturbs my sleep. So here's hoping that last night there was a logical explanation like one of my flatmates being an a sleepwalker because I think I've already spooked out a few of them.