Attempted Setup #2 

So another church member, Jx4, told me the other day she was thinking of introducing her brother-in-law to me, and our pastor had encouraged her to do so. In fact, he told her, set it up for them to meet but don't let her (as in me) know that he would also come along and sit in for it.


-____-"""


As I chatted with Jx4 and K in the bus on the way home, Jx4 was telling me about her b-in-law, and though I didn't want to be so quick in writing people off just by hearing one or two things about them, I was honestly feeling uncomfortable with what I was hearing.

Then K saved me by wisely pointing out that she didn't think it was a good idea because the b-in-law needs to find his own journey of healing, independent of people. For me, being involved in such a circumstance might only slow me down in my own journey which is on a different track from that.

Yay for wisdom. Boo for kpc* pastors.



*Busybody

Labels: