The day after Christmas 

I didn't do anything for Christmas except for cleaning the apartment. I wanted to be disconnected from my emotions because I feared I would miss London fiercely.

It was only the day after I had the urge to give a call to London to wish Merry Christmas. I decided to call Penny Choo-Choo who, bless her, was late for service so I managed to catch her just before she was going into church.

I managed to say a quick hello to Paul The Pastor, and how I miss the Welsh accent!

Later, I called my favourite English family, but poor timing, Jess L was driving, and Naomi was asleep. :(

But it was so sweet of Jess, the moment she knew it was me calling she starting singing Amazing Grace, the funky version which I taught her and the girls earlier this year. Sweet memories. It was good hearing David's voice too, and I felt incredibly blessed because of the friendship that I have with all of them, as individuals and as a family. I spent Christmas Day with them and their extended family last year, so I miss them doubly more!

How I truly miss them. I am looking forward to heaven!



IPC Christmas service 2009. Penny Choo-Choo on the bottom left! When Penny first arrived in IPC, everyone kept asking her if she met me (because she's a fellow Malaysian) and everyone kept asking me if I had met her. I initially felt a surge of jealousy because I wanted to be the only Malaysian in church (and be special). But within the first 10 min of meeting her I loved her and have loved her more and more since then.


Paul The Pastor holding little Oscar.


My ex-flatmates.


With my favourite girl #1, Naomi. I couldn't find a better picture on my current harddisk.


John Dugan who is celebrating Christmas this year with the Lord.


Camera-shy Hannah


The L's fire place.



Labels:

Aiya, you will always be the ORIGINAL #1 Malaysian at IPC. =)

Lovely to hear from you, I think the lucky few who got to speak to you today have been especially blessed.

And now you have to stop faffing around the flat and go out. and see people. but avoid the mass sale shopping!

Lots of love and big hugs,
px

Don't worry Penny, grandma and aunt is around for the next few days, and by the time they leave it'll be time for me to head back to Malaysia. And then a manic new year will start! So I'm glad I had Christmas day all to myself!! Don't know when I'll have a decent quiet day to myself after that. *HUGS*

Post a Comment