I always get suspicious when... 

... God seems to meddle in something and is not as discreet and as quiet as He usually is.

Example: Sunday morning, and I woke up at 9am. Service is at 10am, and I was disappointed, because I was secretly hoping to oversleep so I have an excuse not to go to church. So I lay on my bed a little longer, hoping to fall asleep and then oversleep and have an excuse not to go to church.

But... I couldn't sleep! I just lightly dozed but was still fully conscious I should be going to church. Finally, at 10am, I felt an insistent nudge. A voice floated in my head saying, "I want you to go to church."

Grumbling a little, the voice continued, "Now, what was the lesson I was trying to teach you about obeying?"

"To obey immediately," my response was and I quickly jumped out of bed.

So I dragged myself to church.

The speaker at church was Goh Keat Peng, of World Vision. He was preaching on something he felt a strong burden for, and as he spoke, he mentioned about living our lives for God. Immediately, my mind jumped at my previous post.

I quietly looked up at God and wondered whether He had a specific reason to force me to go to church and I could nearly hear Jesus' innocent reply, "Now, since when do I need a reason for you to go to church?"

Fine. I settled back down.

Then Mr Goh said something about journey mercies. My mind jumped again, fully suspicious now.

He was talking about our current circumstances in the country and he said something that struck me, "What is the point of religious freedom if it is not practiced in the context of God's mission?"

I could almost see Bro O's head nodding in agreement.

He continued to speak for half an hour. What he was preaching were hard challenges and I think we Malaysian Christians have gone a little lax and taken too many things for granted.

Backtrack to the night before, as I was talking to Nicole, she asked about my theological studies. I admitted I was struggling, but I would really like to see it through one day. And she said she could see I struggled, and yet she saw my heart to do it, and I will but later. A word jumped into my mind at that point. Something that seems ridiculous for me to achieve at this point, but it has popped into my head a few times before.

My mind jumped, because she spoke with a strong smell of HS which caused me to pay attention a little more. Don't ask me how I can tell.

No idea what God is up to, but I do not for one second believe He isn't up to something.

Oooh... He is having sooooo much fun... toying all the bits and pieces of the puzzle before me.

Labels:

Hard Challenge? Being a christian it's always a hard challenge life. But GOD said " MY grace is sufficient..." So no matter what challenge we are in, HIS grace are sufficient for us to face it .....

"What is the point of religious freedom if it is not practiced in the context of God's mission?"
*Head nod too*

Post a Comment