"Mo da di di ay"
That's all I can remember in my last 20 years of existence. Oft times I puzzled... why? What did it mean? Was it meant to be something so utterly deep and profound that it escaped my simple mind's understanding?
I was discussing the Transformers movie with a friend on Sunday who, by the way, declared (emphatically) that it was through Transformers boys first learnt to cry.
When Optimus Prime died.
-_-"
Anyway! Since we were on the subject, I asked him, what in the world did that particular phrase in the theme song that got me puzzled throughout the years mean?!
Me: So what's it all about man? Mo da di di ay?!
Him: Huh? Mo da di di ay?
*Frowns for a second*
Him: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE LAH!!!
Me: Oh. Hehe.
What?What?
Moving along...
This month/quarter/half year end has been the least stressful of the last 6 quarters I've had. Usually, somebody will be screaming the head off and stress and blood pressure levels will be on the high side. Faces black and grim.
Now what are the two boys Viki and Chat up to at 9pm on a Monday evening?
They hooked up a PS3 to the meeting room's projector screen. By the way, I kick ass with my drifting. Don't mess. My 8 year old cousin hasn't managed to beat me yet at Need For Speed.
So what else has been happening?
Fire drill!!!
Some idiot doing maintenance 'accidentally' broke the fire alarm glass. And his timing was impeccable. He managed to do that right after lunch. And just as I stepped into the office. On the 19th floor.
Everyone stood in the office looking stunned and we all contemplated whether it was a joke or not and whether we should go down the stairs. Then we reluctantly packed up our bags and laptops. And guess what? The emergency exit closest to the cubicles was locked! Brill. So much for practice drill (note, singular) and all the instructions and appointments of fire marshalls among the employees for each floor. None of them appeared.
Thank God I've been cutting back on my high heels. Walking down 19 flights of stairs is no joke. By the time I got to the first floor, my knees were starting to shake.
How not to capture such sweet sweet memories?
Everyone gathering at the concourse. Hehe... some of us found out the schedule of the first and only practice fire drill we had a few months back, and 20 minutes before it was supposed to go off, we packed our things and went down to wait already. This time, not too lucky.
Myself, KC and Jess. No, KC's not that tall, he was standing on the higher step. Yes, Jess is that tall. You can't see it, but Jess and I were sweating from the long descent. Tina, who was wearing heels as well promptly went to 1U after that to buy a pair of slippers to leave in the office locker.
Labels: My stupid moments, Work tales
"More than meets the eye" became "Mo da di di ay"? *faints*
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:16 AM
dum di dum...
What?!? I was 5 years old! So my cognitive engines were a little slow... :(
Posted by
ee |
5:16 PM
you should go watch the movie man!! Whatta blast!!!! Wooohooo!!!
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:46 AM
go watch die hard 4.0 too....totally blast your brains out man....if u don't puke it out 1st from all the action...hahahaha!!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:41 PM
I had not been out for movie so long time. Pirates of the Carribean i also not watch yet.....ai~~~ so tempted to just take 1 day off and sit in for all the movies.
Posted by
StephyQ |
9:17 AM